Dear Friends and Supporters of the Art League of New Britain!
2017 has been a wonderful year for the Art League!
Exterior painting and repair of the Carriage House is COMPLETE, thanks to YOUR contributions and funding from the City of New Britain and the support of the Mayor and City Council. We also celebrate many other improvements.
- The clay studio walls have been repaired and painted.
- Electrical plugs and studio lighting have been upgraded, along with better exterior lighting.
- New doorlocks have been installed.
- A new street sign has been installed, many thanks to Weber & Carrier, LLC.
- A trashcan enclosure has been built, many thanks to Steve Henry.
- A new home for the horse statue has been found.(New Britain Industrial Museum)
- We are ready to select a historic architect for our Ct. State $5000 survey and planning matching grant.
Along with all those great building improvements, we can bask in the glow of some wonderful programming success this year!
- We launched our new Salon Series with a $7500 grant from the Greater Hartford Arts Council. With this money we will pay speakers and panelists for various Salons throughout the coming season. Our first Salon was a discussion on Women in dystopian art and literature, which as well attended.
- We had a packed gallery schedule, with many highly attended shows. The 2018 schedule is already looking to be impressive. including hosting the Connecticut Women Artists Spring Juried Exhibition for the second year in a row. The coming year will see the CWA return.
- Our figure drawing sessions and Gofigure sessions continue to draw many artists from across the state.
- The clay studio is going strong with many attendees returning for continuing classes.
- A new landscape painting class is in its second run.
- Plans for a “POP UP” market are in the works for this coming spring.
We have a lot of things we need to do to help move the League forward. We sincerely appreciate all of the help we have received so far, there are still some improvements we would love to make for our members..
- Create a multiuse capability in the stables.
- Provide insulation heating and AC.
- Install lighting and electrical.
- Provide additional space for kiln and pottery equipment.
- Upgrade the kitchen with cabinets and new appliances.
- Resurface the parking lot.
- Install a security system.
- With the successful completion of our Survey and Planning matching grant, we will be eligible for matching grants from the state for improvements. Your support will be needed to match these grants.
We hope that with your financial contribution we can realize some of these improvements in 2018. Our goal is to make our beloved Carriage House a better home in which the Art League of New Britain can carry out its mission: to create and foster artistic expression and endeavor in the greater New Britain community.
Please scroll down to make a donation via Paypal,
or send your check made to “ALNB” to
Art League of New Britain
30 Cedar Street
New Britain, CT. 06052
ALNB Board of Directors; Paul Baylock, President
PLEASE NOTE, ONCE YOU CLICK ON “ADD TO CART” GO BACK TO TOP OF PAGE AND YOU WILL SEE THE CART ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE.